Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag - May!

So May is my birthday month and luck smiled upon me and finally there was an opening for me to get a glam bag from Ipsy. I've been signed up with them since they started in November and it was sold out, I'm considering this a birthday gift... That I had to pay for... myself... I pick and choose what to acknowledge in my life really.



You take a beauty quiz when you sign up and they supposedly base the contents of your glam bag on your answers. Now, I wish they would make it possible for me to retake that quiz because my answers are probably pretty different now, however, I can't really remember my original answers.  I do know that my hair color is different now though. But they said they are working on that so we'll see when/if that happens. I'm going to say, right off the bat, that the one thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't come with a card talking about the products. It's just stuff in a little reusable bag and a little card with "special" deals. I have to go online to read about the products I received. Which is totally fine, but I'm just saying it would be nice to get a printed card of some sort just giving me a brief overview of the products I got. Also, they haven't updated my account yet so I can't read about the things in my bag unless I look them up on their individual websites, and that's annoying. Aside from that, everything was just lovely so far. It came in a bright metallic magenta padded folder, that I loved, and inside that was a little printed cosmetic bag (not unlike the free sample bags you could get online from Target at the start of every season last year) filled with 5 goodies, some full size some sample size.  All of them are included below....

Zoya Nail Polish in Jacqueline
Quite obviously I'm not a professional nail painter and I am too lazy to clean that stuff up since I work tonight and nail polish never lasts an 8 hour shift full of dishes and hand washing.

You can find it HERE it retails for $8, I'm not sure if I have a full size bottle here or not, I couldn't find a size on their website, but my bottle is .5fl oz. A full size bottle of China Glaze nail polish is .5fl oz as well, just for a size comparison. So it most likely is a full size bottle.
My mom always says she had one other name picked out for me but was waiting until I was born to pick one of the two. The losing name was Jacqueline, I'm so happy she picked the one she did, it would have been awful to learn how to spell and write that.
This applied really streaky, and even after 2 coats you can still see some of the streaks. I've only ever owned one other Zoya nail polish and I had the same problem. It's a slightly yellowish milky nude color in the bottle, I fine it both pleasing and pointless but that's just me. In the bottle it looks a little more white then it did on my nails which have a yellowish hue to them.  It's actually a really nice nude colored polish that almost looks light pastel yellow at times, I guess you could say it's a nice wedding polish. It's grown on me the longer I've worn it today and even without a top coat it didn't chip at all when I had to put my child's car seat in my car. That's saying something, if you've never had to anchor a car seat you've never really tested fresh nail polish. I'd like to add that after an 8 hour shift working at a deli, again without a top coat, I have absolutely no chips.


Mirabella color sheer in Posy

You can find this HERE. It retails for $22 and comes in 15 colors. A full size is 3g which is what I have here, a full size MAC lipsticks is 3g as well just for a size comparison.
I never test colors on my skin because it's so pale it creates a strange glow with the flash on my camera and the color never looks right without the flash. BUT it looks exactly like it does in the tube which is awesome. This is a reddish pink color, it's super pretty in the tube and is slightly darker then my natural lip color, making it a fantastic but very subtle addition to my lipstick hoard. It goes on super creamy and I got about 4 hours of wear out of it, but even after that it had stained my lips a little in a lovely just-had-a-cherry-popsicle way, and that wore for about 2 hours longer. It was opaque in just 2 passes but not super thick like some other lipsticks. In the tube it has a bit of a shimmer, but that didn't transfer at all to my lips.

Yaby concealer in Buff
I set this next to an eye shadow just for size comparison. The shadow is 15g.

I could only find this in a refill pan, unless you buy a concealer palette. But the refill pan is $4.85 and 3.50g which you can find HERE. There isn't a size on my sample so I can't compare it there. Also the concealer palette I currently use doesn't have a size at all so I can't compare it there either.
This actually matches my skin tone with freakish perfection, I wish I had a foundation that matched this nicely. I was surprised by the creaminess and blendability of this. It looks waxy and stiff in the pan but melted the instant my finger touched it. It covered under my eyes flawlessly, in a way that I would expect from a heavy duty, thicker concealer. I would replace my existing concealer with this, it's wonderful and the price isn't bad at all.


St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion

The full size of this retails for about $18 and is 150 ml or 5fl oz, my sample size is 50 ml or 1.69fl oz, so for the price and size this is pretty decent considering. If only it lasted a little longer. You can check it out for yourself HERE.
I'm not sure why everyone seems to think I need a tan in the summer, this coming on the heels of my mom picking up a self tanner and saying "Oh honey, I used this on my legs and it looks so natural, you could not be a ghost this summer!"  I'm perfectly happy being ginger pale, in the shade, in spf 50 sunscreen.  This is a temporary tan, think one night only and washes off with soap and water. I'm curious about the point of this, if you have to continue to apply it after every shower. Also, wouldn't your hands look strange, assuming everyone washes their hands several times a day. (I wash mine so many times it's ridiculous) They would never be able to be the same color as your body then. This smells like an awful cheap self tanner I bough when I was 16 mixed with baby powder. If you've ever bought a cheap self tanner, you know the scent. However, once you apply it all you're left with is a lovely slight baby powder scent, not bad at all. I applied this to my upper thigh, one of the palest parts on my body, I was left with just a whisper of color and was slightly disappointed. I expected a little more or for it to develop a bit, but it didn't. Maybe it would work better with people who have a medium skin tone. I'm still confused as to why you would want a tan for only one night....

Juice Beauty reflecting gloss in Champagne

You can find this HERE. It retails for about $15, I thought I got a full size tube but it says on the website that a full size is .28fl oz, mine is .14fl oz. That's a huge tube of gloss, if you double the one I have, especially for $15. It has 4 different colors, I wish I would have gotten any of the others but this one is just fine. It has a totally different smell then anything I've ever smelled from a lip gloss, it's sort of a citrusy berry scent and reminds me of something from when I was a teenager but I can't place it.
This is a nudey shimmer in the bottle. On my lips it ends up being a very very slight shimmer that only shows up on my bottom lip. Over a lipstick this shows up much more but still only as a very very slight shimmer that can be seen all over my lips. I bet this would actually work nicely as a highlighter on my cheeks. It did leave my lips feeling super soft, as if I had used a lip treatment. I would definitely buy this in one of the other colors.

If you're interested in getting an Ipsy Glam Bag of your very own you can check it out HERE. If you do decide to sign up and would like to be super nice to me you can use my referral code right HERE. (Thank you!!)
 You get to take a fun little beauty quiz when you sign up and they base your samples off of your answers there. The Glam Bags are $10 a month. I'm not sure if there is still a waiting list but if there is, just be patient! 

**Ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly beauty sample bag that I paid for with my own money. These are my honest opinions, I do not get paid to give good reviews**

No comments:

Post a Comment