Friday, May 17, 2013

Food Network's A cake for every month - May! Cookies and Cream Cake!

May brings me my very first Love With Food sample box, my very first Ipsy Glam Bag, my birthday (I'll be 28 at the end of this month people!), and a wonderfully easy Cookies and Cream cake!



I'll start off by saying I wish I had used chocolate cake for this, but I vowed to follow the recipes exactly. This one was super easy and required very little effort. If I made this again I would figure out a way to use more white chocolate. Maybe throw it in the food processor to turn it into powder and just mix it into the frosting without melting. This would be really good with any cookies crumbled on top, I'd love to use those little wafer cookies with the strawberry cream in the middle chopped up and maybe a strawberry syrup on top, with the white chocolate mixed into the frosting. Because the recipe is so simple you can totally customize this with any cookie you'd like!
To crumble the cookies, all I did was dump them into a plastic baggie and crush them with my hands, but if you'd like finer crumbs you could always use a food processor, although I'm not sure if it would turn into a paste because of the cream in the cookies... On second thought, a food processor might not be a good idea.
I really don't have a lot to say about this one, it took me maybe an hour and a half start to finish, including cooling time. Everything turned out perfectly and the recipe was super easy to follow. This is a really good one to get the kids involved with, since there isn't any stove use and you only need to melt a small amount of chocolate.


You can find the white cake recipe HERE. Or the chocolate cake recipe HERE. And the cookies and cream frosting recipe HERE.


As Always, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment