Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Favorites!

Since it's technically, according to the calendar, spring I thought I throw out some spring favorites.  I say technically spring, because I'm not sure if spring will actually hit us here in the Midwest.... I watched in horror as it snowed last night and we are expecting more snow later today. It's APRIL, Go home winter, you're drunk.  Now they are predicting snow later this week, up to 10 inches. Um again, it's April. I mean, just because we didn't have much of a winter last year doesn't mean it can just hang out as long as it wants this year. I have giant pumpkins and mammoth sunflowers to grow. I need it to be spring soon. Plus, I'm tired of it being so dark and cold and sad. I'd like to see the grass again at some point. I've forgotten what it looks like.

I've got a variety of favorites this time! We'll start with hair and work our way down yeah?




 Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Intensely smooth leave in conditioning cream.
I believe I paid somewhere around $4 for this. You can get it at walmart, target, and pretty much anywhere Fructis products are sold. It's part of the "Sleek and Shine" campaign, I hope they keep it. If I hadn't dyed my hair, I would have kept buying the "Sleek and Shine" shampoo/conditioner but I switched to the Garnier Fructis color treated shampoo/conditioner, but I'm soooo not impressed with it. It's thin and slightly pink, as a platinum blonde my stylist told me not to use colored hair products. I need to switch, obviously. Back to the leave in conditioner. It says that it has "Argan oil from morocco and apricot". You can smell the apricot, it's glorious. It also says that you can use it on damp or dry hair. Now I had no results what so ever when I used this on my dry hair. It didn't control frizz, help my flyaway, condition my hair, or leave it greasy and limp. My lion's mane of hair was unchanged. I use this at night, after my shower, I smooth some over and under my hair, and throw a little extra on the ends, then brush it out, and go to sleep. I wake up with super soft, manageable, waves every time. It's fantastic!


Yon-Ka Masque N 1 Time release Intense Moisture, This is a little more of a splurge for me, considering that it's about $45 a tube on Amazon.  I'm loving the jasmine florally scent, it reminds me of spring and I forget about living in this winter wonderland for a second, my skin is much less red, and fully moisturized when I use it at night. I have noticed a little goes a long way with this product, it is on the thin side, and it spreads out very easily. I like to throw it on right after I get in bed, read a couple chapters of whatever Harry Potter book I'm reading and by the time I'm ready to sleep it has all absorbed. It takes about 10 minutes for it to full absorb on my face and my skin is on the dryer side. I had tried using this in the daytime, before putting on my make up, but even after waiting 10 minutes my foundation was still streaky going over the top of this. I originally wrote this off as a bad moisturizer until I started using it at night. So glad I did!



My Urban Decay Roller Girl eye shadow palette. This isn't available anymore but, thanks to the build your own palette option, you can recreate it if you'd like.  It had 4 colors in it, Woodstock, Verve, Suspect, and Darkhorse. It came with a 24/7 eyeliner in Whiskey I believe.  Everything is available in singles at Urban Decay. The pink really makes it easy to create some fun looks with a little spunk. I also love pink, so yeah. Nothing feels like spring then a soft brown smokey eye with a hint of bright pink! I don't generally use the brown eyeliner, except to line my lash line and smudge it underneath. I always always have black on my waterline. All the colors are shimmery and exceptionally blendable, as you would expect from Urban Decay. Again, with their build your own palette option you could recreate this palette with all mattes if shimmer isn't your thing. I prefer shimmers, I feel they are more forgiving on my face, but it's all personal preference.



I recently bought some super fantastic t-shirts at Old Navy, the vintage v neck tees. Hello most comfy shirt I've ever worn in my life. I love Old Navy, the prices and the styles, but their shirts never seem to fit me right. On me they look boxey and strange. But these t-shirts are great! They are all worn and soft, so they move and fit wonderfully without being clingy or too loose. They didn't shrink in the slightest when I washed and dried them.They are also on the thin side, which is a must for me because I'm ALWAYS warm. You can get them at Old Navy for $9.50 but, as any Old Navy shopper knows, there are always sales going on. When I bought they they were 2/$10, but $9.50 isn't bad for a t-shirt at all.

My rainbow Sketchers! I need the shape up Sketchers because being on my feet all day causes me major foot, leg, and back problems without them. I got them for about $45 on the Sketchers website. Normally I find shape ups at Kohl's or our local shoe store in the hopes that they will be $30 or less, but that means I'm pretty limited when it comes to color selection. I went on the Sketchers website thinking I wouldn't find anything, imagine my surprise when I discovered that they came in so many colors. I don't hate my gray ones, but I certainly would like them better if they came in mint or rainbow. So I bought a couple of pairs and was done with it. I got these beauties in the mail though and couldn't even contain my excitement! They are sooo cute! (and functional!)



Well, that's it for my spring (even though there's snow still covering my entire yard) favs!

Whoops! I totally forgot my Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Lollipop! I've been wearing this every day! I love the lip butters, they go on super smooth, they never settle into the creases in my lips, the color pay off is fantastic, and the wear is about 6 hours for me.  Lollipop is a great slightly darker pinkish red, not so dark that it feels like a fall color but not light enough that it's an obvious spring color either. I feel it's a nice surprise with all the bright hues of spring.  I tried really hard to get a nice swatch of this, but the tiny shimmer in it was all my camera would pick up. It's funny because this shimmer hardly shows on my lips but it's crazy in the swatches. It's pretty much the exact same color as it is in the tube though so that helps.





No comments:

Post a Comment