Monday, July 30, 2012

Pasta Salad!

It just occurred to me that I promised a pasta salad recipe about a month ago and totally forgot about it. I meant to take photos when I made it for my mom's work party, obviously that didn't happen. I came across this somewhere... I'm not sure, possibly in a magazine or one of my many cookbooks. I have no idea. I've since memorized it because I make it fairly often. Here's what you'll need.

1 regular sized bottle of fat free italian dressing
1 1/2 cup of light miracle whip
1 box of spiral noodles
1 cauliflower
1 orange pepper
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
about 5 carrots

So you'll want to cook the pasta, drain, rinse,and set that aside to cool. (I like to rinse mine in cold water because I'm super impatient.)

Cut up your veggies except the carrots. For the carrots, wash and peel them. Then, using a veggie peeler, just run it down your carrots so you get super thin "slices". Put everything into a large bowl, larger then you think you'll need so that you can mix. Wisk your italian dressing with your miracle whip in a smaller bowl until smooth. Pour a generous amount of the dressing mixture over your veggies and mix with your hands. Toss the noodles in there with the veggies. Pour the remaining dressing over the top and mix with your hands until everything is coated. Cover and refrigerate.
You should have a decent amount of dressing in the bottom of your bowl so just give your salad a good stir before serving.

Obviously you can omit or add any veggie you'd like, sometimes I throw some broccoli in there, or fresh peas. Other times I like to mix in some cooked shredded chicken (awesome way to use up left over fried chicken, just remove the skin before you shred it.) and make it a meal.  It's super easy peasy and you can customize it any way you'd like!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment