Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sweet Balsamic Dressing

Kraft sweet balsamic dressing is my new cooking obsession. I bought it for the first time because they make these adorable tiny bottles of it and sell them for a dollar at my local grocery store. I ended up buying the sweet balsamic, regular balsamic, and raspberry balsamic. I had no idea what to do with it but for some reason sweet balsamic sounded delicious.
It just so happened that I read a recipe, that I would never make in my entire life, in my food network magazine that used sweet balsamic over chicken. I devised a plan. I ended up making a gravy type sauce out of it along with the chicken, and served it over noodles. I was hooked.  I haven't made a gravy type sauce out of it again, but I do like to stew meats in it, half dressing, half water, and just let it simmer for an hour or so. I've used it with chicken, throw it in beef stew, in the crock pot with a roast, over pork chops, and as a sauce for fish. 
My favorite way to use it so far is with chicken.


1 small bottle of Kraft sweet balsamic dressing
3 normal sized chicken breasts (or chicken boobies as we call them in our house) cut into strips
8 large carrots, peeled and cut up into medium thick pieces
2 medium sized onions (cut in half and thinly slices)
2 tablespoons olive oil

Heat your oil in your pan, throw your chicken and your onion in, put a lid on it and let it cook just enough so the chicken is just cooked on the outside. Pour your dressing in, and fill the bottle with water, pour that in as well. Add your carrots. Put the lid back on and cook on high for about 30 minutes. If the liquid is reducing to fast or you have issues with it boiling over turn your burner down.  Stir occasionally.
after 30 minutes, take the lid off and turn it back on high, let it cook down until the liquid is just a thin layer covering the bottom. Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving. Done!

Super delicious, only a couple ingredients, and very easy to make!

Serve it with potatoes, rice, noodles (don't cook the liquid down as much and you'll have a tastey "sauce" to serve over noodles! If you do this throw a pinch of dill in there before serving. Trust me! It sounds weird but it'll be delicious!), whatever your heart desires.
I like to serve mine on the side with a large salad. Peppers (orange and green), cauliflower, lettuce, red cabbage, and carrots, with a blue cheese dressing. YUM!
I've never had leftovers of this, but I bet it would taste delicious cold over a salad for lunch the next day.

Enjoy!


**All Kraft dressings were bought with my own money, I was not given these products by Kraft nor was I paid or asked to provide a review good or bad. **


No comments:

Post a Comment