Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ipsy July Beach Beauty Glam Bag

 


As usual this arrived in my mail box in a beautiful metallic magentaish padded envelope. My first impression of the Beach Beauty Ipsy glam bag is how freakishly adorable the actual bag is! It's a long cylinder shaped zipper mini make up pouch made of clear pink plastic type material. It says "Ipsy ...beauty by you" on the side of it in white. It is raised from the material, and looks painted on, but when I scratched the shit out of it when my nail it didn't budge which is nice. It also has a matte silver zipper handle on it, which is a cute touch.



First up we've got


Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof spray 3.4oz full size $18.95 (although Ulta has a buy 2 get 1 free sale going on right now online)
You can find this HERE. This is a "high-performance humidity resistant spray that promises to leave your hairstyle intact, removing any chance of humidity attacking mishaps." I received a travel size canister, 1.4oz. I generally stay away from sprays because my hair is so thick, it's normally leave in conditioners for me and that's about it.
I'll review this hopefully this week, we haven't been having very many humid days so it's been pointless to try this out.




bhcosmetics California Collection eyeshadow sample trio $9.95 on sale now or $17.95 normally for each eyeshadow/blush palette.
You can find this HERE.  I received a small trio of eyeshadows from each of the 3 collections within the California Collection. We have Hollywood a deep grape purple from the BH Hollywood palette, San Francisco a darkish sandy brown with a shimmer from the bh San Francisco palette, and Malibu a shimmery gold from the bh Malibu palette. They don't sell these separately but they come in a palette that includes 4 blush and 16 eyeshadow colors. The full size palette folds out and includes a mirror, but folds back up into a neat little box as well which is cute for travel.
Hollywood wasn't nearly as dark as I wanted it to be and had a super chalky texture when applied, although it looks gorgeous in the pan, it was almost impossible to build up into a solid color. San Francisco and Malibu had better color pay off and a creamier texture. San Francisco applied with an almost metallic sheen and blended out to a golden light brown. I found it interesting that, like Hollywood, this was also a different color then what I was expecting it to be from looking at the pan.  Malibu didn't disappoint at all. I only needed one swipe for a decent amount of color, it blended out nicely, and went on smooth as butter. It was also the exact color on my lid as it is in the pan, which I love. There is nothing more frustrating to me then to buy an eye shadow color that looks lovely in the pan only to find it's almost a completely different color on my lid.
Overall, I would pass on the chalkiness of Hollywood, but that palette was my favorite on the website, it's really just one color in 4 blush colors and 16 eye shadow colors. San Francisco reminds me of a slightly lighter version of YDK from Urban Decay, which is my go to neutral, the palette is my least favorite though. I do love Malibu, and the palette reminds me of summer time. They are definitely worth a look and you can't beat the price!
From Left to Right, Hollywood, San Francisco, Malibu.





Coola Mineral Sunscreen $36 for 1.7oz
You can find this HERE. Or rather you can find what I think this is there. My tiny bottle says tinted moisturizer while this only says moisturizer. I'm just not sure, but if this isn't it, then it isn't on the website yet. Who knows. Wouldn't be the first time I received something from Ipsy that wasn't on the actual company's website. This says "Keep the sun and environment at bay with this SPF 20 broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen, a tinted, light Rose scented, Titanium Dioxide based formula (for those who are Zinc sensitive) made with 98% natural ingredients. Organic Acai Oil - high in Omegas-3/6/9, Vitamins B1/2/3, plus antioxidant Vitamins C and E - delivers a powerful defense against aging. Organic Sunflower Seed Extract promotes elasticity while organic Linseed Oil, containing Alpha-Linolenic Acids, reduces redness and irritation. The phyto-protector Plankton Extract rejuvenates, as organic Cucumber Extract c alms skin."
So basically it's a sunscreen that promises to improve your skin as well as protect it. You can't help but love that!
This blended into my skin despite not matching my skin tone. I didn't notice any coverage what so ever though. Even my normal tinted moisturizer has a slight amount of coverage. My skin didn't feel any more or less moisturized after a full day of wearing this, nor did it look or feel any different, and I had to wash my face twice to get rid of the waxy feeling residue. This has a fairly strong scent to it as well, not bad but not fantastic, it's almost a medicine type scent definitely not a light rose scent. It also left my face shiny which isn't uncommon for a sunscreen though. I wouldn't buy this, because I like my normal higher spf $10 sunscreen, I'll leave the skin nourishing to my face creams.
Pop pouty pop crayon on top, Coola mineral sunscreen on the bottom.


POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuchsia Flirt $25 for 6
You can find this HERE. I could only find them being sold as a kit of 6 different lip crayons. They look like chubby pencils, however when you twist the base, it moves the crayon up instead of needing to sharpen it. If you've ever tried to sharpen a chubby lip pencil, you'll know what a pain that is.
I loved the color of this! It is bright but slightly muted on my lips, it was super easy to put on with the pointed tip and chubby sides, it went on smoothly, and the color was opaque with only 2 swipes of the crayon.  However, it settled into my lips and made them look freakishly wrinkled. The color basically settled into the creases in my bottom lip and after about 20 minutes that was all that remained, bright pink lines on my bottom lip. Not a good look. I'll pass.


Demeter Roll On Perfume Oil in Salt Air .29 oz for $10
You can find this HERE. The scent description is "Imagine a perfect sea breeze on the perfect beach at your favorite tropical island. Now you have the perfect description of Demeter's Salt Air."   I love Demeter fragrances, they are priced wonderfully and they come in a HUGE variety of scents from Angel Food to Fresh Hay to Pipe Tobacco to Tangerine.
This isn't my favorite scent but it isn't horrible either. It smells salty, with like a sea breeze air freshener type scent underneath. It's pretty strong, but as it dries it becomes more subtle. I wouldn't buy this for myself, but the Demeter website is definitely worth a look!


If you would like to receive your very own Ipsy Glam Bag you can sign up HERE! It's $10 a month and each monthly glam bag has a theme of it's very own right down to the mini make up pouch. You also take a beauty quiz when you sign up to help personalize your glam bag.

Enjoy!


*Ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly beauty sample bag that I paid for with my very own money. I do not get paid to give good reviews*

No comments:

Post a Comment