Friday, June 22, 2012

Bic Soleil Savvy Razor

I just want to say first that, normally shave with a 5 blade men's razor. It's amazing. I haven't used a woman's razor in quite a while, but I gave this one a whirl!

My first impression with the Bic Soleil Savvy razor was that it was adorable with it's pink sparkley handle. I found the concept interesting, 1 disposable razor handle and 4 refills, the entire thing to be thrown in the trash when the cartridges are used up. It seems a little wasteful to be honest, but interesting non the less. It does make it ideal for travel. The retail price is $7.49, so less then what I pay for refills for my Hydro.
To be fair I ditched my 5 blade razor and stole a (Unused!) random 3 blade disposable from my mom. The brand doesn't matter, but it's not a Bic brand disposable. It also has a "vitamin strip" and a pivoting head. I used the same shaving cream on both legs. I normally lotion my legs after I shave them but this week I've decided to forgo that. Hopefully I don't turn into a lizard.
I shaved one leg with the Bic razor and my other leg with the "Other" razor. I have to say, I wasn't expecting much difference but there was. The Bic leg is so super smooth, no nicks, no cuts, no tugging or pulling, perfection in the form of a smoothly shaved leg. The other leg I had some problems with, I ended up with a cut at the back of my ankle and 2 on my knee. It felt so scratchy as I was shaving my leg. In the end it's not as smooth, there are places that are still kind of prickly and it almost feels like it does after you dry shave, that pins and needles feeling. 

As far as stubble goes, there was no difference on either leg. the other razor didn't get as close as the Bic razor, but the next day I had the same amount of regrowth. I shaved again today and I ended up giving in and shaving my other razor leg with the Bic razor after I had already shaved it with the other razor. I couldn't stand the stubble it left behind. The Bic razor took care of everything the other razor left behind with minimal effort. The vitamin strip doesn't have a smell that I could tell, which is lovely because normally they smell like baby powder and it annoys me to no end.

Over all it's a decent razor. It does exactly what it's supposed to, give me a close shave, pivots like a pro (which is a feat because most "pivoting" disposables don't really pivot very nicely), it's adorable, the vitamin strip doesn't have a strong smell if at all, and it's lovely for the price. 4 blade refills for under $8? You can't beat that!  I don't think I'll give up my regular razor for this one, but I will keep it on as a travel razor. You can't beat that convenience! 

I want to conclude this with a neat little shaving factoid that was in my information packet along with the Bic razor...  I guess I never thought of this and it was interesting to me.
"Shaving removes dead skin cells and the superficial layer of skin. While the process is healthy, it reduces your skin's defenses for a couple of hours. Shaving at night gives your skin time to recover it's strength and suppleness to resist irritation. "

You can check out the new Bic Soleil Savvy Razor at feelthesoleil.com or their facebook at facebook.com/BICSoleil

I received this product sample from BzzAgent for review.
This is my honest opinion of this product. I do not get paid to give a good review.

No comments:

Post a Comment