Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Awkwardness, my dogs, and THE horse.

First blog posts freak me out. I've contemplated for months about this and in the mean time I've had tons of other things going on that I could have totally posted about and plan to. But I can't just start it off with the spring horse restoration, or my amazing brownie recipe, or how I discovered THE MOST adorable hair style ever for my daughter, or even the crap review I had of a certain crappy shoe insert. It all has to start with something yeah?
I hate talking about myself in a "I'm Jessica, I have a kid, and some dogs, and I like to travel but hate leaving my home" kind of way. All of it is true, but it doesn't seem very interesting. Chances are that you know about 59 Jessica's, you may also have a child or know someone who does, and probably have a dog or cat (which I also have), and who doesn't like to travel?
I suppose I could tell you what this is all about...
I'm slightly obsessed with my dogs. One dog in particular. Clyde, Bonnie isn't nearly as photogenic or patient as him so she is absent in most of my pictures. That's something to expect. Photos of Clyde. I could throw a couple in here right now.







My kid. Enough said. She's amazing. You'll probably see her in the background of several photos.
I'm a free sample freak, so I get tons of random delicious sometimes cruddy things to review and need to put them somewhere.
And....
I'm a project freak. I NEED to have some kind of project going whether it be painting, sewing, cooking, or restoring.

Being a hobby cook means I have several lovely recipe gems that are tried and true.

I recently discovered my passion for restoring things. Although, I'm not sure it's restoring since I'm not making it the same as it was when it was new. I'm more, fixing it up and making it look how I want it to It does look new when I'm done, but less like it did when it came out of the factory. The beauty that started it all was the horse. A gorgeous playground spring horse that I got from my local thrift store. It had been repainted several times and was peeling and rusted.... Ok this is a whole new blog post.

I feel this is sufficient enough for a first post yeah? done.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment