Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ipsy December Celebration Glam Bag!

Holy sweet marshmallow goodness! It is already the middle of December! This month is just flying by. I'm sorry I have been so inactive this month, although I'm unsure if anyone reads this anyway (not that it would shut me up). I've done 3 people's Christmas shopping for them, plus I've been making a Harry Potter themed gift for my child (more to come!), I've taken on a new project of making an ugly Christmas vest for my dad, and I've been doing the usual Christmas things. You know, baking, decorating, putting up our tree, wrapping gifts. It's also been like eight thousand degrees below zero here for the past week and a half. Ok, it's been like -8 but my weather man assures me that it only feels like -22. ONLY.  None of this applies to my Ipsy Glam Bag, I know this. What can I say, Midwesterners never get straight to the point. Ever.


So the Celebration Glam Bag has been full of sneak peeks on the Ipsy facebook! If you didn't have a clue about what you were getting then you haven't checked it out at all. I still stand by my thought that it would have been magical if we had little confetti poppers in our bags this month. But life will go on some how I suppose.


The Celebration bag is a shiny, sleek, black, textured bag. It has a tiny little quilted pattern, it almost looks like it's covered in tiny black jewels. It is a gorgeous make up bag. Inside we find...




Be A Bombshell The One Stick in Sunset $16
You can find this HERE. It comes in 7 different shades, all of them are beautiful. I was confused on this after first, is it a cream blush, can I use it on my lips, is it an eye shadow stick? Apparently it's all of this. You can use The One Stick on your eyes, lips, and face. This is super pigmented, goes on smooth, and can be blended out easily to almost nothing. Because this smells like straight up crayola crayons right out of the box, I wouldn't use this on my lips in any situation, I'm not a fan of that scent being stuck under my nostrils all day. The smell made me so sad because this would be gorgeous on my lips but I'll live some how. However, this worked lovely as a cream blush. I'm a super baby pink or pink peach blush worshiper, I rarely stray from those colors, so I was surprised at how nice this looked.  Just a touch blends out beautifully to a slightly bronzey flush. It lasted about 8 hours on me until I washed it off without any settling, caking, or movement. I have dry/normal skin though, so I'm not sure how this would be on oily skin. If I only used this as a cream blush it would last forever considering the generous amount you get in a single tube. Overall, I think this is a fantastic product. The fact that you can use it on your eyes, lips, and face makes it perfect to keep in your purse for touch ups. (Not that you would need them!)



Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life eye shadow palette in Naturally Bare  $24
I received 3 shadows from this palette but I'd like to mention that the full palette ($24) has 10 neutral eye shadows in it. You can find this HERE. This was a really well thought out trio of colors. They all work well together. All 3 are a shimmer, easily blended, and easy to build up the colors. The first color on the left which is kind of a champagne color, was the most pigmented for me, I got that much color in 2 swipes, the only problem I had was getting it to show up in the swatch because it melts into my skin tone so well. The middle color is a medium cocoa brown, and the last color was almost a grayish brown, it is much more brown then it looks in the photo though. Each of these shadows felt super soft and I had minimal fallout from them, although they did get pretty powdery in the pan. They stay shimmery even when blended which is fun, I come across a lot of shimmer shadows that loose quite a bit of their sheen once blended out and it makes me sad, not with this though! Overall I was really surprised at how much I loved this because I've had such horrible luck with Pop lately. If I didn't already have a neutral palette, I would be buying this.


Ardell Lashes in Natural 120 Demi Black $3.49
You can find these HERE.  You can buy them HERE. I don't normally wear false lashes because I also wear glasses so they tend to be too long and hit them every time I blink, which hurts my eyes after a while and doesn't look beautiful. BUT on the occasion that I do not wear my glasses, I love false eyelashes. These were interesting because my first impression of them was that they seemed a little sparse. They are on a strip and it just seems like the lashes are spaced out a bit too far. These definitely lengthened my natural lashes however, they didn't really give them the appearance of being much thicker then they already are. These are super soft though, not at all stiff or pokey. I love that they get slightly longer at the end of the strip and sort of wing out all on their own. They blended in easily with my natural lashes with a couple coats of mascara.  I removed and cleaned mine and they held up nicely, with gentle handling you would be able to get atleast 3 wears out of these. Overall these were pretty casual, they weren't anything crazy special (not that you would buy "natural" lashes for crazy special night out lashes) for a night out, but they did enhance my natural lash. I would wear them again.


JCat Beauty The Big Lip Pencil in Carmel Mocha $3.99
You can find this HERE. This comes in 12 gorgeous shades including the one I received. This lip pencil is chubby enough not to be a lip liner but skinnier then a lipstick, it is creamy like a crayon liner rather then a pencil consistency. It went on smooth and was opaque in 2 swipes. It didn't settle into my lips, but it didn't dry down either, so it sat on top of my lips like a gloss and was easily worn off within an hour. However, it looked fantastic on! It ended up being a nudey slightly rose color on my lips, not my natural lip color but it did look like a natural lip color which was awesome. I love lipstick probably more then the average 20 something but sometimes the "understated" shades end up being so completely unnatural which is not what you're going for when you pick a subtle color. I pretty much love everything from J.cat and this was no exception.



Starrily Nail Polish in Bzzz Bzzz  $12
You can find this HERE.  The first thing I saw on this website was their holiday collection and how funny their polish names are. "Ho Ho Whore" was cracking me and my mom up. I love glitter polishes so this was right up my ally. Although, this wasn't really glitter as it was more confetti with gold glitter in it. There are 5 different sized shapes in two different colors in this bottle. I had to glob this on just to get an even mix and coating, I would assume that if you wanted that over another color you would have to let it dry between coats. It dried smooth though which was impressive, normally you get a texture with glitter polishes. Overall I didn't like this. I mean I loved  the way it looked, LOVED IT! But it was so hard to get it to look even half way decent that it was ridiculous. Also, $12 for a single nail polish is crazy expensive in my book.


As usual, if you would like to receive your very own Ipsy Glam Bag you can sign up HERE! It is $10 a month and each monthly glam bag has a theme of it's very own, right down to the mini make up pouch. You also take a beauty quiz when you sign up to help personalize your glam bag. To personalize it more you can review the items you get in each glam bag, stating if you like the color, item, or brand, or if you hate it completely.  

Enjoy!


*Ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly beauty sample bag that I paid for with my very own money. I do not get paid to give good reviews*

No comments:

Post a Comment