Monday, November 4, 2013

Dr. Scholl's Active Series Shoe Inserts


I loved so many things about these inserts, they are different from any others that I've tried. I think I like them more then my memory foam shoes.

First, you can find these at your local Walmart, Target, CVS, and most stores that sell shoe inserts. Our local grocery store has them in the pharmacy section! But online you can find the website HERE along with a $4 off coupon. The inserts are roughly $20 per pair. In addition, if you click on the Dr. Scholl's homepage you can find a quiz to find what insert is right for you!


On the box it says, "During athletic activity, the foot is subject to the shock of impact of 2-3 times your body weight with every step.  Active Series insoles reduce shock by 40% and, for those with Shin Splints, Runner's Knee, and Plantar Fasciitis, helps relieve and prevent the pain."


On that note, as someone who constantly has heel pain and has suffered from plantar fasciitis before, these shoes were amazing. My heel pain is non existent when wearing these and any residual pain from plantar fasciitis is completely gone.


Bottom of the inserts with the 3 zones of comfort
One thing I love about these are how it has "triple zone protection" basically meaning that the ball of your foot, your arch, and the heel of your foot have different needs and comforts. That translates to 3 different feeling areas on the insert.
The ball is cushioned but isn't super soft or thick, it's supposed to "improve cushioning and help distribute pressure."
The arch is stiff plastic feeling, meaning it won't wear down the longer to wear them and you get to keep all that wonderful support. It "improves transition of weight from landing to push-off."  As someone who's suffered through plantar fasciitis let me tell you that arch support is so super important.
Finally, the heel has a cup feel to it but an extra soft cushion to "absorb impact with every step".

All of these things do exactly what they say they do. I hiked 6 miles, on uneven terrain, the first time I wore these and felt minimal pain in my feet. All of that achey tiredness just wasn't happening this time. I normally wear memory foam shoes when hiking, but these have replaced the foam! I also didn't feel every single step like I do in normal shoes, so it was definitely absorbing the impact.


Top of the inserts
I also love that it has "SweatMAX" technology that helps eliminate odor. Lets all face it, feet sweat, and insoles take the brunt of that stink. Anything that helps with that and keeps my insert lasting longer is a plus. Although these do have kind of a funky smell when you first pull them out of the box, not the typical rubbery foam smell, but more of a chemical type scent that isn't pleasant. It isn't, however, strong and doesn't linger so don't worry about it. Just fair warning.

As will most Dr. Scholl's products, I like how their measuring guides are pretty spot on as well. I wear an 8 1/2 size women's shoe, my inserts went from 8 1/2 - 11, so I trimmed basically down to the blue "ball of the foot" zone and it fit perfectly in my shoe. Just saying, Dr. Scholl's doesn't recommend you do this, they suggest that you remove the original liner in your shoes and cut around it on your insert to make sure it has a proper fit. I hate ripping out the liner because I find that shoe inserts don't stay put as long as if you keep them in. So I normally just guess, trim, check, trim again, check, trim again... and so on. Go Dr. Scholl's!

I only had a few issues with these. First, I wish the arch support was a little higher but I understand that's all personal preference. I also wish that the ball of the foot cushion was a little more padded. It works just fine, but I feel like it could be a little better if it were cushioned a little more.

Overall, I loves these, everything works exactly the way they say it should! They help improve tired achey feet so you can keep moving and doing what you love!

*I received 1 pair of Dr. Scholl's Active Series shoe inserts complementary from Influenster for testing purposes. These are my true and honest opinions, I do not get paid to give good reviews. *


If you would like to sign up with Influenster or learn more about them you can find them right HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment